PASSPORT & VISA REQUIREMENT :
(A) Valid passport is required for nationals of all countries for a visit to Bangladesh. However, passports are not required for the holders of identity certificate, laissez passers issued by United Nations and its affiliated bodies and continuous Discharge certificate/Nullies/ Seaman Book (Travelling on duty to join or repatriate from ship) issued by any country recognized by Bangladesh.
(B) Visas are required for nationals of all countries with the following exceptions: Bhutan, Barbados, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cyprus, Fiji, Western Samoa, Tonga, Sierra Leone, Lesotho, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, Seychelles, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Jamaica, Mauritius, Malawi, Maldives, Singapore, Switzerland, St. Kitts and Nevis, Ghana and Gabon. 'No visa required' means that no visa is required for stay in Bangladesh upto 90 days only. For further extension of stay permission is required. European, North American and Australian passport holders of Bangladesh origin do not required visa provided they pay US$ 50.00 or equivalent and have their passports stamped "No visa required for travel to Bangladesh" by Bangladesh Missions abroad.
(C) The Immigration Authority may issue landing Permit (LP) or Visa-on-Arrival (VOA) to the following category of visitors:
1. Residents and Nationals of the countries where Bangladesh Missions are not located and countries which extend LP or VOA formalities of Bangladesh. Nationals (on reciprocal basis); this however will not be applicable to residents and nationals of those countries against which the government has imposed sanction or embargo.
2. Foreign investors with proper documents or documents certified by the officials of the Board of Investments (BOI) or Bangladesh Export Processing Zone Authority (BEPZA) or Ministry of Industry presented at the Airport on the arrival.
3. Foreign delegates invited by Ministries or Division of the Government of Bangladesh to seminars, workshops, or International conventions for only the tenure of the stated event provided written request along with testifying documents satisfies the Immigration Authority.
4. Foreigners directly involve in export oriented establishments with documents & TIN (Tax Identification Number) of the concerned export oriented establishment certified by Federation of Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FBCCI) or Bangladesh Garment Manufactures and Exporters Association (BGMEA) or other association of export oriented institutions of Bangladesh;
5. Foreign passport holders of Bangladeshi origin by birth, there children or spouse;
6. Foreign husband/wife of a Bangladesh national;
7. Foreigners with certified documents issued by Tablig Committee, Kakrail Mosque, Dhaka for the purpose of Tablig Jamat and
8. Doctors/Medical team with invitation letter issued by foreign embassies in Bangladesh, United Nations and/or its affiliate organizations for the purpose of emergency treatment and medical care of its officers or employees.
In all cases of LP or VOA the following procedures or conditions must be observed :
a. Arriving foreigners must have a return ticket and at least US$ 500.00 endorsed in their passport.
b. Entry-Exit of persons issued with LP/VOA must be through the same airport; and
c. LP/VOA may be issued for a maximum period of 30 (thirty) days unless otherwise stated and will not be extended under any circumstances (nor extendable).